The Confidence Gap has been written about for years. I found a few articles in Forbes magazine that discuss these exact same issues. Women without confidence find it difficult to believe in themselves. Forbes noted a study by Cornell University that found women underestimate their abilities and performance while their male counterparts overestimate those characteristics. There are also engrained barriers and biases that women need their door held open by a man, to think “like a man,” and our own female thoughts.
Ways to change your confidence (Forbes, 2019):
- Do not underestimate your worth and skills.
- Challenge your own thoughts of what women should do.
- Do not listen to your dark thoughts.
- Celebrate and Elevate other women instead of comparing and competing.
Ways to improve your confidence (Forbes, 2018):
- Focus on strengths and achievements (Look it is positivity), be optimistic and happy.
- People feel more confident when they look nice. Dress the part.
- Stand tall, use eye contact and use positive facial expressions.
- Communicate through your words and body. Confident people walk quickly, speak up, and interact with others. They also use good vocabulary and avoid non-words.
You may not get the perfect 10 every time you muster up your courage and put yourself ‘out there’, but you will grow visibility, learn skills, nurture talents, acquire knowledge and earn respect (from yourself first of all) that you could never do by playing it safe and sticking with what’s comfortable.Margie Warrell
I am not saying this is the perfect mix for the perfectly confident female. What I am saying is that if you do not step out of your comfort zone, you will never move forward. Try stepping out of your normal with a Boudoir Photoshoot! It is not about boobs and butts, however it is about women being confident in their skin so they can move forward.
Interested in a shoot or finding out more information? Fill out the information in the application.
You can learn more by looking through my Gallery.
Referenced: Forbes’ Margie Warrell. 2019. The Confidence Gap: Six ways women can dismantle the hurdles in their own heads. Retrieved from: https://www.forbes.com/sites/margiewarrell/2019/03/06/the-confidence-gap-six-ways-women-can-dismantle-the-hurdles-in-their-own-heads/#55c123964219
Forbes’ Jack Zenger. 2018. The Confidence Gap in Men and Women: Why it matters and how to overcome it. Retrieved from: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackzenger/2018/04/08/the-confidence-gap-in-men-and-women-why-it-matters-and-how-to-overcome-it/#4a732c013bfa